Monday, November 19, 2007

Oh So Tasty...

I quite enjoy grocery shopping at the moment in Dubai as there is often an eclectic mix of goods ranging from Waitrose juices (I love cloudy apple juice) to a wide range of Indian, Philipino and Asian brands. On a little trip to Choitrams the other day I was delighted to discover Diet Dr Pepper and Tab clear - while costing three times the amount of a regular can of soda (3AED vs 1AED) I was pleased at least to have the option of enjoying something a little different.

Also whilst browsing a range of packet Indian goods caught my eye - with the promise of me simply having to "Heat and Eat" I was put off by the brand name:



Somehow eating "Gits" just does not appeal to me - I am sure it is really good though!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too much git.

mishillionaire said...

Kate and I were in the Choithrams on beach road the other week buying some chocolate.. when we noticed a packet of the 70% dark chocolate was called "Negro"

Lad from Mandi said...

LOL

"Gits" is one of the best selling ready to eat products in India.