Friday, June 08, 2007

Birthday

I have just noticed that two days ago - marked the first Anniversary of "An Englishman in Dubai". It has gone so fast I can barely believe it. If I look back this blog is certainly the longest I have ever kept any sort of diary and has now attracted over sixteen thousand visits and I have posted 157 articles, thanks to all the readers and those of you who have left kind comments. I would never have thought this possible a year ago.

I look forward to another year of blogging and here are my top ten moments of the year in relation to this blog:

  1. Appearing on Eye on Dubai radio to talk about blogging
  2. Being published in Gulf News
  3. Making numerous new friends through this blog
  4. Being able to blog about countries I had visited for the first time including - KSA, Egypt, Qatar, Russia , South Africa, Italy, Hungary and Oman
  5. Being recommended by the highly regarded Grapeshisha guide to blogging in the UAE
  6. Contributing to the UAE Community Blog
  7. Getting a 4/5 star rating on the Guardian Abroad website
  8. Being able to immortalise some special moments - like Nthabeleng singing in Dresden and buying my flat in Dubai
  9. Blogging about appearing in Stuff and Wheels magazines
  10. Being able to share some fun photos - my favourite being of Dubai Marina in the post Light Fantastic

I wonder what the next 12 months hold? Only time will tell.

No comments: