I have just noticed that two days ago - marked the first Anniversary of "An Englishman in Dubai". It has gone so fast I can barely believe it. If I look back this blog is certainly the longest I have ever kept any sort of diary and has now attracted over sixteen thousand visits and I have posted 157 articles, thanks to all the readers and those of you who have left kind comments. I would never have thought this possible a year ago.
I look forward to another year of blogging and here are my top ten moments of the year in relation to this blog:
- Appearing on Eye on Dubai radio to talk about blogging
- Being published in Gulf News
- Making numerous new friends through this blog
- Being able to blog about countries I had visited for the first time including - KSA, Egypt, Qatar, Russia , South Africa, Italy, Hungary and Oman
- Being recommended by the highly regarded Grapeshisha guide to blogging in the UAE
- Contributing to the UAE Community Blog
- Getting a 4/5 star rating on the Guardian Abroad website
- Being able to immortalise some special moments - like Nthabeleng singing in Dresden and buying my flat in Dubai
- Blogging about appearing in Stuff and Wheels magazines
- Being able to share some fun photos - my favourite being of Dubai Marina in the post Light Fantastic
I wonder what the next 12 months hold? Only time will tell.