Friday, March 16, 2007

Lazy Dubai Days

This week while I have been in Johannesburg enjoying excellent steaks and lots of Windhoek, my Auntie and her friend Caroline came on vacation to Dubai. I spent the first Saturday with them on their arrival, this helped to orient themselves and I suggested some activities they should do. Here they are enjoying the weather at Dubai Marina:



They told me they had a great time doing a desert safari, visiting the gold and spice souks, spending time at the beach and various shopping trips. It was great to see the photos they took. Here are a few that capture Dubai very well. Here is a photo I should have taken a long time ago - it is of the apartment complex I currently live in:



They took a positive move when they smiled and waved at the construction workers. I think one or two of them nearly fell in the marina with shock:




They negotiated a ride with a friendly chap who took them on a short cruise along the Dubai creek. This Dhow looks particularly "lived" in:



A whole lot of sheesha smoke:



The 360 bar at the Jumeriah Beach Hotel:


I was really pleased they both had a very nice time and they promised to come back again. I hope they do and it would be even better if I could be in Dubai at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

seems like they had a lovely time....hopefully that will be me and my family in a cuople of weeks time!! can't wait!!

shiraz