Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Pack it up, pack it in

The last two days have seen my stuff assembled into little brown cardboard boxes and out onto a not so little lorry. It was interesting to see them seal the container with a tiny sliver of aluminium - didn't seem much to protect all my contents. I was also impressed by seeing a huge articulated lorry in my driveway.

The ship that my container is on leaves Southampton docks on the 1st of July and is scheduled to arrive in Dubai on the 14th July. That seems really fast to me - and if this is the case the next thing I need to find is a nice apartment to live in. I am sure the subject of many a future blog.

T -17 hours till I fly...it all seems very real now my flat is empty, my car is gone, I have no keys to anything in the UK and all I have close to me are a few suitcases.

Next blog Dubai

No comments: