This weekend a couple of friends and I went along to Wembley arena to watch the Black Eyed Peas and Pussycat Dolls play.
I came away from the concert feeling that the £35+booking fee I paid for my ticket was not only tremendous value but a key to seeing some truly excellent performances. The Pussycat Dolls performed with bucketful's of sexiness and were the perfect starter for an entrée of Peas.
Now, I am not a massive fan of the BEPs but after witnessing a over two hours of them deliver s across a gamut of musical styles I was well and truly hooked. My top five favourite moments from the concert:
- The whole crowd going "retarded" to the song "shut up" - I am not sure I have seen a crowd rock so hard
- Fergie's cover/tribute of "Sweet Child o'mine" - summed up her vocal talents
- William's beatbox/drumming solo - this dude really can walk and chew gum
- apl.de.ap and Taboo's Hip Hop tribute to Eminem, 50 cent and house of pain - I really wanted to go to "the after party"
- The "Where is the Love?" performance - mobile phones are the new lighters...
BEP music for the next generation?.......I think so.