Tuesday, July 04, 2006

All you need is friends....

A number of years ago I went to New Zealand on a four month secondment. I recall having a fairly rotten time for the first four weeks until I ended up going to an Oasis concert with some chaps from the office and ended up making some great friends.

My "Oasis Concert" in Dubai was the rather sad England World Cup quarter final defeat to Portugal. I arranged to meet an old friend Chris Saul at a local bar. Despite not having the result in the football I felt that I had a result in making contact with Chris and his lovely wife and also some of Chris's friends. I look forward to the next time I am able share a beer with them.

Chris Saul is also the purveyor of a fine blog of which I am an avid reader - while before I could mostly laugh at the situations he finds himself in - today, however, I sympathise with his plight.

I have it all to look forward to....

No comments: