Sunday, July 16, 2006

Electric Dreams

The DEWA incident the previous day was really preying on my mind today. I am due to move into an apartment on Wednesday and I really needed to get utilities.

First thing Sunday morning I located the relevant landlord passport copy and ownership contract and made a tidy file with the other documents and completed the DEWA form. I heard that DEWA have an office behind the Mazaya center just off SZR. Again I thought it best to take a taxi and upon arriving and seeing nothing but some really nice villas I asked the driver to wait. In the space of 10minutes and 1000AED lighter I was told the DEWA would be automatically connected. I could not with hold a little cheer once I had walked out of the office.

I think I will pop over to my apartment tomorrow and press a light switch, but before doing so I will offer up a little prayer.

At least I am glad I am not the young Expat guy who came in with a DEWA bill of 12000AED!

No comments: