Thursday, August 17, 2006

It's getting hot in here...

I am glad I was not imagining things yesterday. It was really hot in Dubai yesterday - yes it is usually always hot here but yesterday was extra hot! I emailed this to a fellow blogger yesterday:

"I have experienced my first "blast furnace" heat levels today in Dubai - the car thermometer was at 47C - not so humid though - my ears were burning from the short walk from the car to the office!"

Seems that Gulf News agreed with my assesment and yesterday was "officially" the hottest day of the year at 45.9C not far behind the all time high of 47.5C. They also went on to mention the bad visibility later in the day - which I experienced on my drive back from the office:



I really would not like to be working outside or without AC in such weather conditions - sadly many people are...

1 comment:

bandicoot said...

Funny, I thought exactly the same thing yesterday; I was leaving home early afternoon and the car therometer was showing 48 degrees. As I walked from the car to the building where I was going I felt my face and exposed toes toasting. After I came back less than an hour later the thermometer was reading 52 degrees, probably reflecting the very hot surface of the car parked in the open. I sure thought it did feel like the hottest day of the summe so far!