Thursday, August 03, 2006

Superman Returns

Decided I needed to get the windows tinted in my car - so I went to see the 3M autocare chaps at IBN Buttuta mall. They said it would take a couple of hours so I took in the new Super Returns movie.

This movie is loooong - well over two hours. Not that I mind a long movie it is just that there are a few points where it was just not moving fast enough. Kevin Spacey was great as Lex Luthor and the Superman had a flawless hair the whole way through the film which was a bit odd. The special effects were great but the story I felt was lacking in places. I thought they could have got Lex Luthor to be much more evil.

Overall - 6/10 - OK - but I liked X-Men 3 better

6 comments:

nzm said...

X-men rocked!

Are you happy with the tint?

Aaron said...

The chaps at the 3M tint center did an excellent job - I was very pleased. I went for 30% on all windows and 10% on the windshield. it looks great and was 1200AED all in with a 5 year warranty.

nzm said...

I still shake my head that they allow such heavy tints on the windscreens here.

I've seen cars with close to 100% down to halfway - it must significantly cut down visibility and the ability to see ahead.

Georgia said...

I've nearly been killed so many times here by drivers whose windows are so dark, I have no idea how they know where they're going. On the upside, you could probably moon them and they'll never know...

As for Superman, I thought it was a total pile of poo! That's two hours of my life I want back.

Aaron said...

The "limo" shaded windows while having a certain element of cool are very dangerous IMHO. I need glasses to drive and on the on occasion have had my prescription sunglasses on when the light dims - you can basically see nothing i.e. other cars, road signs and landmarks. I imagine it must be the same with windows tinted so dark.

Oh and Georgia - on reflection Superman was a real let down...

Georgia said...

The script was rubbish, Kevin Spacey wasn't given enough free rein to be a truly awesome villain, Kate Bosworth was totally twee and if her boyfriend was any kind of normal man, he would have been WAY more jealous at the possibility that his woman was messing with the Man of Steel and may have even been knocked up with his Sperm of Steel. The slapper!